Pages

Friday 28 September 2012

Call Me



A little over a month ago, I was talking about phone scams (Don't Call Me).

My brain is even slower than I thought. The right and correct way to handle it came to me earlier, not as predicted while in the shower, but as I was adding Marmite to toast (which is always a great activity to engage in, earth-shattering revelation or not).

This is how it will go.

            ‘Hello?’
            ‘Ma’am, it’s about your computer problem.’
            ‘Oh, thank you for ringing back so quickly. I just didn’t know what to do.’
            ‘That’s okay, ma’am, I’m here to help you. I’ll just need your password, then I can fix it all for you.’
            ‘Oh, that’s wonderful. Thank you so much.’
            ‘If I can take your password now, ma’am.’
            ‘Here we go. It’s Y for Yankee.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘O for Oscar.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘U for uniform.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘R for Romeo.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘E for echo.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘A for alpha.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘C for Charlie.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘U for uniform.’
            ‘Yes.’
            ‘N for November.’

Then they put the phone down.

At least that’s how I imagine it will go. Now I just need some sort of DeLorean-based time-travelling device so I can test it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment